Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Feliz Navidad

Today, we had our office Christmas meal. We did a Mexican theme…….because most of us get plenty of the traditional holiday fare with our families. I brought a 7 layered dip. I got tons of compliments. Unfortunately, I used traditional refried beans. So, I was not able to taste the masterful creation.

I must admit. It was hard to give up refried beans (ie. they contain lard). I don’t know how to make vegetarian refried beans. So, if you have successfully mastered that……then, let me know!!!

In full hunger mode, I grabbed what I thought was a cheese enchilada…..only to discover it contained chicken. Thankfully, my husband was around to feed it to (with no complaints). I did have a whole wheat tortilla with lettuce, tomato, and queso. It was delicious.