Thursday, October 9, 2008

Cheap Date- A quirp on veggie wraps

I have long since been a fan of the veggie wrap at "Sweet Peppers Deli". It was the goal meal, during my cleanse, that I mentally kept returning to.
Peppers has a fairly new deal where every time you get an entrĂ©e: You receive a free chips n’ rotel (after filling out an on-line survey,of course). So, David & I have exploited this marketing strategy.
I’ll order a veggie wrap & he claims the free chips n’ rotel……and we can eat for a total of $4.

Last Sunday, our supperclub met for "lunch" (ironic, I know) at McAlister’s Deli. I asked for the veggie sandwich in a wrap. While edible, it’s lacking. The tortilla wrap was dry and cardboard-like. However, the veggies were fresh & crisp. Thanks for trying McAlisters, but I think I’ll stick with Peppers.

Veggie Wrap-UP
1. Peppers- Veggie Wrap -****
2. McAllisters - Veggie Sandwich in a Wrap- ***
3. Southern Ice Cafe - Veggie Wrap- **1/2

No comments: