Thursday, October 9, 2008

Cheaper than McDonalds

I've found that I spend more money at the grocery store, but far less when going out to eat. It's always an easy choice to go with a side salad, foregoing all that fried chicken and loads of cheese that usually accompany large salads. I can go to a nice restaurant and spend around $4.00. [It helps that I've been off of caffeine and sodas for 5-6 weeks now]. At the end of the meal, I'm completely satisfied....and not left feeling bloated and gross.

My favorite side salads thus far:
$3.99 Fairpark Grill's wedge salad
This salad always has a fresh slices of lettuce. The size of this salad rivals anything else on the menu. The fresh blue cheese dressing and crumbles give it a tangy twist on a traditional salad.

$4.29 Outback's wedge salad
This veggie delight has a touch a sweet vingrette drizzled over the very aged blue cheese. The combination left me intrigued....and in need of a breathmint.

Least favorite:
$3.00± Chili's side house salad
Buyers Beware: I could barely find any lettuce under the croutons and cheese. So, if you're looking for a healthy choice.... BYOS (bring your own salad)!!