Friday, November 21, 2008

Runner's Toe

Only about 10 girlfriends read this blog. So, I'm sure ya'll won't mind me grossing you out a bit.













I officially have Runner's Toe.

Somehow, after taking a few years off of running. I forgot about how ugly toes become when you run. I have a deep rooted shoe fetish. I love my peep-toe shoes.....Gratefully, it's winter & I don't plan on wearing those anytime soon. I realize that I will probably lose my toe nail eventually. However, I will wear it as a badge of honor!! Every hardcore runner has had one, usually multiple. If I continue this running gig, pedicures will be in my future.

Good news.....not only did I run my quota today. I think I actually liked it. I might change my mind next week (when I have to add a minute to each run for the next 5 weeks). I'll be running with David tomorrow. He actually ran backwards last weekend when we ran (SHOW-OFF)!! Then, he looped me. After a few laps, he finally fell into pace with me. It's nice to share time together like this. We have NEVER worked out together. Maybe we'll be that old couple doing races together. I mentioned to him a Valentine's 5k couples race. I'm hoping to do a 5k in January (at my current speed). After that, I'll have a month to bump up my speed for racing with David.