Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Woo-hoo!!!

I had 2 things against me today.
1. My running partner was not here.
2. It was raining.

I went home at lunch to walk my dog, Jack. He was cooped up all day b/c of the rain. After struggling to not fall (again b/c of the rain )while walking him, I decided the treadmill would have to suffice for my run.

So, I laced up & hit my rolling stride. I set my incline to 1.5 to give it more than a flat run. I remembered that I needed to run 3 minutes, walk 1 minute. However, I couldn't remember how many repetitions. So, I just ran 10 repetitions like Monday. However, when I got back to the office. I discovered that I did a tad more than necessary. I was only supposed to run 7x.

I ran 30 minutes today!!!I didn't need more than a minute for recovery each time.
The last run, I even pushed the incline up to 4, and increased my speed by a 1mph just to push everything I had left in me out.

I will admit, the treadmill is much easier than street running. My pace was even, my eyes were focused on a distant tree outside the bedroom window. The treadmill kept up with the time...so, I wasn't glancing down at a watch. That was WAY too easy!!

I can't believe I just rocked that out!!