Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Lacing Up

So, I started yet another avenue on a healthier lifestyle.

During my lunch break, I began an 8 week program to running for 30 minutes. I’ve never been a big runner. The last few years of college, I ran simply because I didn’t have the time to walk. The longest race I ever did was a 5k. I was not built a runner. I do not look like a runner. Point of fact, I hate to run……yep, I can admit it.

Unfortunately, a bad accident right out of school & a surgery last year made a heavy exercise routine impossible. Now that I have recouped from those ailments & have a healthy diet established; I’m on to the next step. We don’t have the disposable income to pay for a gym membership. So, running is the most logical option for me.

I’m not sure I can work myself up to running this quickly, but I’m going to try my very best to stick with this. I have a running partner in place. I dug my running shoes out of the closet. I even replaced the battery in my mp3 player.

It’s time to lace up!!